The Town of Claremont is participating in Small Business Development Corporation’s Small Business Friendly initiative.
We are committed to the charter to support our local small business community by:
- Recognising it as an important stakeholder and consulting regularly.
- Understanding how small businesses operate, their needs, goals and key challenges.
- Providing clear service standards, setting out what we will do to support local business.
- Giving clear advice and guidance to help business owners meet their regulatory obligations.
- Regularly reviewing our policies to check for ‘small business friendliness.
- Taking reasonable action to limit unnecessary administrative burdens.
- Ensuring prompt payment of small business invoices.
- Providing networking and other development opportunities for local business owners.
- Establishing a business advisory group to assist us in understanding the needs of local business.
- Managing disputes in a timely and cost effective manner.
In addition to this, the Town has also committed to the following:
- Review digital marketing
- Host an event that fuses the Claremont Town Centre business sector with a major community event providing a destination marketing opportunity to attract visitors.
- Provide networking and knowledge based opportunities for local businesses.
- Conduct market research and build on the 2017 research program.