Included on this page
The Town provides support and assistance to Hazard Management Agencies during emergency events upon request.The Town of Claremont under the Emergency Management Act 2005 is the Hazard Management Agency for Recovery at a local level and also participates in the Western Central Local Emergency Management Committee (WC LEMC).
- Current emergency warnings and incidents
- For up-to-date information concerning Coronavirus (COVID-19), please click here to visit the Department of Health WA wesbite.
- Preparing for an emergency
- Preparing for storm season
Western Central Local Emergency Management Committee
The WC LEMC develops appropriate Preparedness, Prevention, Response and Recovery plans to deal with emergency situations, both natural and man-made.
The WC LEMC area comprises of eight Local Governments; Cambridge, Cottesloe, Claremont, Mosman Park, Nedlands, Subiaco, Vincent, and Peppermint Grove.
The Emergency Management Arrangements provide a framework for Hazard Management Agencies (HMAs) and local governments to manage an emergency event, should it occur in the Western Central Local Emergency Management Committee (WC LEMC) area.
It should be noted that the Western Central Local Emergency Management Arrangements document on this website is a public document. As such some information, including after-hours contact details and confidential emergency information, has been omitted from this document.
Public Western Central Local Emergency Management Arrangements
For emergency contact numbers and information
- Emergencies: 000
- Local police: 131 444
- DFES State Emergency Service: 132 500
- DFES information line: 1300 657 209
- Bureau of Meteorology: 1900 155 349
- Western Power: 13 13 51
- Alinta Gas: 13 13 52
- Water Corporation: 13 13 75